Jackie's birthday

• Hello everyone,

My apologies for writing in English but I want my wife Jackie to be able to read this too. While I was enjoying my week at Craiceann this summer, Jackie stayed home back in Iowa. However, while I was gone she had an injury that turned out to be a broken leg. Unfortunately, there have been complications and she has been in a wheelchair since August. Now she is scheduled to have surgery on 10 Nov to have her knee and part of her leg bone removed and replaced with metal rods and hinges. Among other things, this has forced us to cancel our trip to Germany in December. We are of course very disappointed. Jackie loves traveling in Germany and she was looking forward to visiting some Weihnachtsmärkte for the first time, as well as seeing friends like Rolf and Sascha. In addition to all of this, Jackie's 50th birthday is this Sunday 24 Oct. I thought it would be a nice surprise for her to receive birthday greetings from some of my Bodhran Forum collegues here. Anyone who wants to, please reply here in English oder Deutsch with a birthday message and I am sure she would enjoy receiving greetings from around Germany (and perhaps Switzerland, Austria or Belgium as well). If I cannot get Jackie to Germany then perhaps I can bring a little of it to her here in the States! Danke!!

L.G.
    Dean

• Hello everyone,

Jackie here. I have been meaning to say "Thank you!" for the wonderful birthday greetings I received here. It was quite a surprise to get so many nice wishes, even from people I have not met (yet). As Dean said, we are very disappointed to cancel our Germany trip this year but we hope to make plans for next year instead. I hope I get a chance to meet at least some of you sometime in the future. Thanks again!

Best Wishes,
    Jackie in Iowa