Hallo from Mick

• Hello Folks, Mick here.

Firtly I apologise for writing in English on a German Bodhran website, I have only been in Germany 4 weeks.

I registered a couple of weeks ago on the site this is my first post and I am glad to see that there is a site dedicated to the Bodhran in Germany.

I am from Dublin but until two years ago lived in London, USA and Israel. Now I am in Würzburg for the last 4/5 weeks and plan to stay in Germany until the end of Sept when I move to London to study.

I have been playing the Bodhran since 98 My training grounds were the numerous sessions played in London. I ended up playing in a band playing the Irish music circuit in London, Birmingham, Coventry & Manchester. The last two years were all work work work in Dublin. I started playing again on the 21 December 2002 when I played with the Black Velvet Band in Würzburg for one night.

Friends, aquaintances & influences include; Mossy Griffen, Cathy Jordan & Dervish, Sean Hoolihan, Tommy Hayes, Junior Davy, Mel Mercier, John Jo Kelly, Stefain Hannigan, Seamus OKane, Frank Torpey & Gino Lupari - who still owes me a new skin!!

Solas, Anam, Lunasa, Flook, Danu, Cian, Nomos et al fill my CD collection.

I play Renegade Rythm, Brendan White & Seamus OKane Bodhrans.

I am currently looking into running workshops here in Würzburg over the Summer. I am also available for individual lessons. The first proposed date for a workshop is Saturday the 25th May, running from approx 10 am to 16:30. The a.m will be for beginners, p.m. intermediate to advanced players. i have about six people interested so far, the more interest the more workshops that can be arranged.

Anyone interested in attending can contact me on 0160 3269978 or email newdeafman@yahoo.co.uk

All the best, Mick

• Hey Mick
    welcome to our Forum, glad to see some decent bodhran teacher in the south.
    If you ever make your way up north to Hannover, drop me a note and we can get together. Meanwhile
    I am just launching my website in english (it has been up and runnign in german, but now I got the engl. version almost ready.)
    Maybe you are interested to see it in engl.:
    http://www.bodhran-info.com
    Hope you enjoy your stay !
    Rolf