Metloef by ebay

• Moin
    hier bei ebay gibt es eine wie eich finde interessante Bodhran. Nicht günstig, aber dank des Dollar Kurses erträglich.
    ---
    This bodhran by Rob Forkner of "Metloef Irish Drums" is in perfect condition. It's barely been used.
    Responsive birch laminate shell with kangaroo skin head. The shell is black. The skin has an extra circle in the center, allowing a huge tonal variation.

It comes complete with Rob's new thumbscrews (no more allen wrenches!), and extra thumbscrew in case one ever goes astray, Rob's playing and care sheets, and a custom case I had made for the drum in wine red with adjustable strap, roomy zippered compartment, and embroidered knotwork.

The drum itself is a $500.00 value. Here's what Rob has to say about this specific bodhran:

"This is one of the best 12" drums I've made. A very even skin with great flex and tone. Its one of those 1 in 100 that comes out of the shop that I really didn't want to let go. Of course, anyone who buys a drum I made has my guarantee against any workmanship problems you might detect. Good Luck! Rob http://www.metloef.com "

All Ireland champion Chris Weddle has the other drum Rob made for him with this same skin.

The drum and the case are truly in perfect condition, as new. The case cost $140.00. All tolled, this auction is worth $640.00.

Right, so if this drum is so great, why am I selling it? I've recently taken to playing the uilleann pipes and wish to spend more time and money on that hobby to the exclusion of all else.

---
    Oder halt mal abwarten und wenn er das Dinge nicht verkauft 300$ bieten :D
    Grüße
    Der Rolf

• Moin
    vom Verkäufer:
    Second, the Metloef was actually priced by Rob himself (see the item
    description) at $500.00. The bag cost $140.00, is an excellent bag -
    pretty, very protective, and with an adjustable strap and accessory
    compartment. The bag has seen zero use. The same lack of play above
    applies to this instrument for the same reasons. Anyone can order a drum
    from Rob for $300.00 or so. But, as in Rob's own words, for every 100
    drums he makes, only 1 is as good as this one. The combination of the
    shell, the skin for the head, and exactly how he put it together resulted
    in an exceptional drum. Additionally, I've lowered the opening bid to
    $400.00 (which is still less than even one of Rob's "unexceptional"
    drums).

• Tja, er hat sie nicht verkauft bekommen, weder für 550 noch für 400 Euro. Kein einziges Gebot.

Aber mal ehrlich, wie kann man denn eine Trommel spielen, die grade mal 30 cm Durchmesser hat? ?(
    Meine Eckermann hat glaube ich 36 und das ist schon klein. Das geht doch nur für Frauenhände, oder? :P

• Moin
    tja, wenn man das wüßte..ich habe hier noch keine gesehen...Rob meint ja, es wäre eine besonders tolle...ich bin auch gereizt, den Dollarkurs auszunutzen, kann mir aber nicht vorstellen, dass mir 30 cm reichen...
    Grüße
    Der Rolf

PS
    Sehen wir uns bei einem der Cara Gigs im Pott im Februar ?

• Hallo Rolf,

also mich ineressiert diese Trommel auch,aber scheint mir auch recht klein.Ich habe eine afrikaniche Djun-Djun (Kenkanai) von Remo,Hat die gleichen Maße,mit zwei Fellen bespannt.Spiele die Trommel wie die bodhran.

Habe mit dem ebay-Verkäufer verhandelt.Also für 400 Dollar,incl.case u. Versand will er sie abgeben.

Zu den Cara -Konzerten am 20.u.21.02.04 in Herten und Bochum würde ich gerne kommen,is ja bei mir umme Ecke,aber ich fahre am 20.02.04 nach Österreich zum Skilaufen.Schade!!!

Ich denke wir werden uns sicherlich einmal in diesem Jahr treffen.Vielleicht ist mal ne gute Session in Deiner Gegend.No problem-bin mobil!!!

Bis dann und Grüße

Padraig

• Moin
    Jau, für 400$ hätte man sie ja auch bei ebay ersteigern können. Spart 30$ Versand....hmmmm
    Hast Du schon zugeschlagen ?
    Grüße
    Der Rolf

PS
    Gute Session ist jeden Sonntag in Hannover ab 17:00 bis 20:00 Uhr.

PPS
    ich hänge das dann mal wieder an den alten Thread dran, so wie Deinen anderen Eintrag auch...wenn es um die Metloef geht, sollten wir hier im Thread bleiben...